Leo Tolstoy was a Russian writer considered as the greatest writer of all time. Born at Yasnaya Polyana south of Moscow.
His Best Works are
- Anna Karenina
- War and Peace
- The Death of Ivan Ilych
- The Kreutzer Sonata
25 Inspiring Leo Tolstoy Quotes to Find Meaning In Your Life
- We lost because we told ourselves we lost.
- If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.
- If you want to be happy, be.
- It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Be bad, but at least don’t be a liar, a deceiver!
- I think… if it is true that
there are as many minds as there
are heads, then there are as many
kinds of love as there are hearts.
- Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible.
- To get rid of an enemy one must love him.
- Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
- We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.
- The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
- Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?
- All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
- In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
- True life is lived when tiny changes occur.
- When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you’d like them to be.
- Music is the shorthand of emotion.
- There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.
- Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them.
- Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.
- Boredom: the desire for desires.
- All violence consists in some people forcing others, under threat of suffering or death, to do what they do not want to do.
- All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
Image Credit: mosaicmagazine.com