Appreciation comes from fulfillment when you reach a spot in your life where you can feel and believe that you have successfully developed the mind to become happy with whatever you have.
But this is the moment which you will get trough experiences; no matter how many times you heard about it hardly you will be able to connect with it.
Experiences of life give those moments. Experiences of life educate us, and we start appraising it. These are the moments when the same situation the same book and the same words look and feel different. Do you have that experience? Try that by yourself. Pick any book that you had read five years ago and give it a try.
It happens due to the past experiences. It happens because you have gained a part of knowledge about life and now you know how it works. You certainly know and appreciate the values of those mistakes that you had done in your past.
You know now that those mistakes and those happy moments are equally important and for an individual this would be the time when he will start appreciating his life.
But the question is how to express it and how to embrace it for the future.
10 Ways to Appreciate Your Life
Acknowledge/Appreciate Your Mistakes: Be grateful for your faults. Don’t get panic. Whenever you made a mistake recall in your mind that these mistakes will help you to become a better person in the future, so there is no way to get panic for that. Know that it is a blessing, not a curse.
- A person who never made a mistake either he never did anything in his life, or it is a straightforward lie.
Appreciate Present Moment: Always try to live in the moment, live in the breath and live in the present moment. There would be nothing left for him who will always look into the past. Residing at this time will bring happiness. Embrace it and appreciate it and bring your life’s energy to it.
- Look for positivity in the present moment and let go of all the negativity.
Take Small Steps: Don’t be in a rush to chase your life, be cool and take every step with proper understanding and with a clear concept. If you want to change your life, then take small steps. Small steps will inspire you. And it will give you energy and focus on doing the next task.
- Great work would be done by you easily if you inspire yourself to take small steps every day.
Appreciate family Life: It would be a harsh truth to express that these days most of us don’t spend proper time with our families, even if we are free because most of our free time we spend with technologies or with social sites. Be mindful and spend proper time with your families.
- When you feel depressed about yourself, remember your family would be the only one to give you the hands of positive support.
Keep a Journal: Maintain a journal on an everyday basis. Journals are an excellent way to keeping the best moments of your life. It also promotes positivity, and it also improves your awareness of your surroundings. In a recent study, it proves that the journal can improve your IQ as well.
- You can always keep a diary with yourself; it is not necessary to make it live, although making it live would be helpful for you because it will help you to become accountable for your actions.
Clear Your Goal: Make sure that you are clear about your goal. A person with an unclear mind always finds himself in trouble because he never finds happiness in any situation. As he always thinks about the other options. Make sure that you won’t do that.
- When you make your goal clear, you work with wholeheartedly, and that doesn’t allow you to think about the unnecessary stuff.
Follow a Healthy Diet: Without a healthy body how will you go to enjoy your life? Eat healthy foods and do regular exercises. Check your body weight. And make sure that your diet is not becoming a barrier in your life.
- If you are following a diet or doing an exercise, always remember exercise is for burning the fats, not the muscles.
Thank You Notes: Write thank you cards to your close ones. Thank you cards are a great way to appreciate your loved one’s presence in your life. It would be a feel-good experience for you as well.
- When someone receives your thank you note they feel that how you truly appreciate their presence in your life.
Compare Yourself: When you feel that you are not happy, try to compare yourself with someone who is less fortunate from you. Someone who doesn’t have the facilities that you are getting now. It will change the perspective of your life.
- There are always those people who are less fortunate than you, but some of them are still happy about their life.
Give Donations: Donations don’t mean to give money only, you can give other stuff as well. You can arrange a voluntary work. You can distribute waters, and you can also give foods and clothes as well.
- The donation means to help others with the right intention. And at the right time.
Our life is so precious why we should spend it with sadness, do something big, get something done now. Make your life happier, and spread laughter to others.