“If you can change your mind, you can change your life.”- William James
“There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”- Henri Matisse
Over the years I have learned a truth about life, “Life itself is a healer” and no matter what kind of problem you are facing, life itself will help you to overcome it.
Sometimes we forget this simple truth. And we lost ourselves in sadness and regrets and we wish to change the past.
Nobody can change the past. And nobody can take away your memories. Those memories which are giving you pain will shine through you in the near future. And you will find happiness through it. It will remind you of the good times you had spent.
It will work as energy. And you will find a purpose through it.
In this article, I will share with you 8 ways through which you can heal yourself from a sad moment.
8 Ways To Heal Yourself
Change the concept of the story: Every time you feel regret or sorry about a situation, try to revise it with a new thought and think differently. Ask a question to yourself “whether you can make any changes to it or not? If you can change it, then there is no point to become sad. And if you can’t change it, then still there is no point to become sad. Our thought will make the difference.
- The Past is passed; no matter what type of regrets you have still past remain as the past. You cannot reside there, nor can you make any changes. You can only move forward.
Take the Moral of the Story: Life’s every setback includes a lesson with it and it is always a positive one, grab that lesson from it, learn from it and move forward. Those positive lessons will help you to conquer yourself. You will find a reason to get back to your life.
- Possibly at the first phase you will not be able to focus on the positives, but with time and moments, you will be able to conquer it.
Encourage Positivity in your Life: Over the past years, I have experienced that if you carry a positive outlook on life, life becomes easy to live. And it can be achievable if you follow some daily rules. Most of these rules are well-known and scientifically proven.
- Rise Up: Make a ritual; wake up early in the morning. And do some exercises. Healthy body and mind, help to produce healthy thoughts. If you follow a lazy lifestyle, chances are rare that you will live with positivity.
- Breathe: When the time comes and you feel low about yourself, start breathing. Take a deep breath and say “breathe in” hold it for a second and then breathe out. With each breathes let the stress go out.
- Focus: When you feel like you are losing focus, look for a peaceful place sit straight and close your eyes and think about an imaginary paradise. Where nature blesses you. And Leave your stress with that.
Recall Your Responsibilities: It’s not wise to lose focus of life, but what should we do, life force us to do that. But losing your focus doesn’t mean you don’t have any responsibilities; still, there are some individual those who depend on you, those who love you. Think about them and get back to the track again. As George Bernard Shaw said, “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.”
Use the Power of Memories: When we feel sad about an incident, we try to avoid the memory related to it, but we don’t understand that is where our problem lies, Instead of avoiding it, start exploring the happier moments related to it.
- Avoiding a moment makes you feeble and creates a negative environment around you. Exploring the positive sides of the story lessen its negative effects and help you get to the rim of the happiness.
Introduce Mindfulness: Healing is a process of recovering yourself, and with mindfulness it becomes painless. Mindfulness is a philosophy of living in the present moment and leaving behind the past wounds and memories. Mindful living helps you rejuvenate yourself. With mindfulness, you learn to live in the present and you start appreciating daily moments.
- Slow Down: Begin your work slowly, focus on the work that is in your hand, live other worries behind, Just like the wind flows. Slowly but effectively.
- Focus on Positive: Each time when you talk to someone try to avoid your negativities and focus on the other person’s words and grape only the positive ones.
- Eat Healthy: Foods are the bricks of your thoughts. Eat healthy foods only that increase calm and coolness and avoid fast foods for a while.
Value Your Thoughts: Most of our life’s problems arrives from our thoughts. As Vivekananda said once, “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” Before you go to criticize someone, even including yourself, try to understand the situation, as human your efforts and other people’s efforts then make the judgments.
- Purity in your thought makes your life happier. Think about a time when you successfully give up all the negativities in your mind, how peaceful it would be to live.
- When a mind reaches purity, where negative thoughts don’t find any space to breathe, it reflects through the human body and intellect.
Give a Purpose to Life: Losing someone, once who close to your heart always takes away your life purpose. Somehow you feel empty and you suddenly feel no one is there to care about you. It creates an empty space; it takes away your happiness and mindfulness.
- Give your life a higher purpose, serve others. Participate in social works. Divert your mind to a new peaceful dimension.
Everything that happens in this universe happens for a reason. As our vision about life is limited, so we don’t understand it. After a decade when we grow old and when the time passed away we finally begin realizing it. Let us live the life as it leads us, without any complaint about it.
“All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.”- Swami Vivekananda