How many seconds does it take to win second? As many as it takes to win first—if you don’t use them properly. – Jarod Kintz
There is nothing wrong with complaining about work; but do the work first and then the complaints will be all the more worthy to be heeded. – Socrates
Everyone wants to become more productive as it is a competitive world after all, but very few of us want to change our habits. However, we know that habits play a significant role in our productivity cycle, but still, we are not ready for it.
After all, anything that is good for us takes a long time to adopt in our lifestyle; healthy habits are always like that. Now and then we read about it, but still, we never take steps to embrace it.
In fact, you will see that those are the people who struggle a lot in the workplaces who followed a wrong lifestyle.
Moreover, I will say some of them are worse.
- We cannot wish to become more productive if we wake up at 8 o’clock
- Even we cannot wish to become healthy if we eat fast food a lot.
These are some example of it, but yes habits are the main reasons behind our less productivity.
If you followed a negative lifestyle, then it becomes hard for you to take any positive feedback.
Here are 10 of the most commonly use daily habits that cut down our productivity
1. Working with Distractions: Usually working with a distraction is something that we consider as a motivator, but it never works that way, it doesn’t motivate us, even it is the main reason behind our less productivity. For example, using social media, or listening to loud music, or having snacks at work, rarely these habits, work for you, these are the simple example of having a bad productive lifestyle.
2. Messy Circumstances: Cleanliness works as a significant factor in any workspace. It becomes hard for you to concentrate on your job if you work in a place which can be easily considered as unorganized. Organized areas increase your peace of mind; it reduces your stress level as well.
3. Working without Plan: Hardly you will be able to find a person who got his work done without having a plan. Plans are an integral part of our business, generally, it may not seem so important, but its echoes are so long. Making a plan helps you to become organized about your work, it helps you to focus on the main topics rather than the random ones.
4. Eleventh Hour Work: Although it is hard for us to make some time because we are always busy, we have less time to work. However, still, if you wish, you can always make out some time to finish your job before the eleventh hour. Having the last moment’s work never increases your productivity; it works opposite of that. It’s the driving source of procrastination.
5. Being Perfectionist: Indeed, having a high standard goal is good, but only if it is not creating problems in your everyday life. When you set high standers for your job, it increases the chances of failure; then we start to dream big about our work, and as a result, we make mistakes. When you want to create a masterpiece, it takes time; nothing happens in one day.
6. Yes to Everything: Prioritization is important in our work as you cannot say yes to everything. There should need to cross a limit, often when we take too many works on our hands we do make a mess, hardly we able to meet our goals, similarly it reduces your confidence, it increases anxiety in your relationships too.
7. Working without Time: You will fall at your job if you didn’t fix a time for it, especially if you’re working on a subject that is important for you. You did your best only at the time when your energy level stays up. However, you can always pick your own time, but a high percentage of people do their best when they work in the morning times.
8. Not Using Deadlines: Working with a task without a deadline means to kill your time. Especially when you are working on a subject that is comparatively new for you. Deadlines will help your mind to focus on your subject; it helps you to make an effort to finish it early. Although it may not be possible for you to do it with the first attempt, however, you can always try to do it in the second chance.
9. Overly Communicative: It is important for you to have excellent communication skills in any field of work, but making it a bad habit can be a barrier to your productive life. Instantly it can reduce your focus; it can have an enormous impact on your finished products as well.
10. Not taking helps: Besides the truth that it is good for you to do your work all alone, as it promotes your creativity and helps you to learn more, but there comes a time when it is best for you to override that. Seeking help from others increases the value of your work, and it also helps you to learn more.