Do you ever consider being in silence for a while, when you feel upset about your life? Sometimes I feel that way. You know even after everything goes well still there comes a moment when we look for peace in our life. We look for a quiet place where we can sit and think alone.
It’s a feel-good way to spend some time with your soul only, to know our feelings a little more deeply. It helps us to Let go our deepest regrets.
But often we struggle with it a lot. We skip that one because we fear the aloneness. Undoubtedly loneliness is not good. But it often requires in our life. In those moments, we should not skip that one.
Here is why you should need to practice silence (solitude) in your life
1. Relief from Chaos: Silence helps us to relieve our stress. It gives us a place to reconsider about our life without being in tension. It is a way to look into our soul. Silence helps to calm down our mind.
2. Hear Your Voice: In silence, you can hear your inner voice. What it wants. It works perfectly when we find ourselves in a great dilemma when we don’t know what to do next. Silence helps us to show the right way.
3. Refreshment in Relations: It also gives us a space to refocus in our relationships. It shows us where we are doing wrong in our life, where we need to focus again, where we need to work to better our day-to-day life.
4. Overcoming Bad Habits: Silence works as a perfect remedy for those who are struggling with bad habits. It helps them to find the good part of their heart. It allows them to reconsider their actions.
5. Works as Motivation: Silence also helps us to regain our lost motivation. It provides the strength to stand against our depressed mind. We gain energy from our work.
6. Heal Our Wounds: Few minutes in silence can heal a long time wound in our heart. Silence shows us who we are? Why we should not feel sorry for us.
7. Increase Patience: Being in silence also increases your listing capacity, you become more patient than you were ever before. You listen to others so deeply. You care for what they want to say more than emotions.
8. Reduce Anger: Silence and solitude works as a magical tool to deal with anger. Practicing silence increases your willpower and self-confidence, so you never find a reason to become angry with others.
How to Practice Silence and solitude in your day-to-day life
Practicing Silence is easy, it doesn’t take our too much time. Some of us already practice silence, when we spend time on the balcony standing alone, just watching the moon. Here are some ways to practice silence
1. Pick a Place: Select a place where you can spend time alone without any disturbance. It could be anywhere starting from your house to a riverside or under a tree.
2. Clean and Clear: Make sure the place you select will be clean and clear. Without that, your mind will destruct. Ignore those places which are near to the road.
3. Time limit: Time is flexible in this regards. But most of the time starting from 5 minutes is best. With each day pass away you can increase it as you like.
4. Breath: Practice breathing. Breathing will help you to Let go the stress of your body. Use the technique nostril breathing up to 5 minutes.
5. Suitable Time: It will be best if you practice it in the morning times. But if you can’t, you may choose your own time. As per as healthy habits concerns anytime is the best time.
What core values silence and solitude bring into our life
1. Forgiveness: When you practice silence you develop a forgiving nature. You started to avoid silly mistakes of others. You stop complaining all the time. And it brings peace in your life.
2. Truthful: You become honest with others. You value your commitments. You care for your words. You care for your thoughts what you think all the day. Ultimately, you keep up a happy relationship with others.
3. Compassion: Silence develops a compassionate heart. You feel the misfortunes of others. In the darkest hours you don’t avoid them. And that brings peace and happiness in your life.