Deepak Chopra born on October 22, 1947, is an Indian author, alternative medicine advocate and a public speaker.
He is a prominent figure in the field of “New age moment”.
His most famous books are
- The Book of Secrets
- Perfect Health
- Ageless Body, Timeless Mind
- What Are You Hungry For?
- Life After Death
Here are Deepak Chopra’s 50 Happiness Quotes
1. “Happiness for a reason is just another form of misery because the reason can be taken away from us at any time.”
2. In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
3. The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective – people who know to see a problem as an opportunity.
4. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.”
5. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.”
6. There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
7. “Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.”
8. Ultimately spiritual awareness unfolds when you’re flexible, when you’re spontaneous, when you’re detached, when you’re easy on yourself and easy on others.
9. “When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.”
10. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.”
11. “Holding on to anything is like holding on to your breath. You will suffocate. The only way to get anything in the physical universe is by letting go of it. Let go & it will be yours forever.”
12. “Enlightened leadership is spiritual if we understand spirituality not as some kind of religious dogma or ideology but as the domain of awareness where we experience values like truth, goodness, beauty, love and compassion, and also intuition, creativity, insight and focused attention.”
13. “When you make a choice, you change the future.”
14. “The greatest mystery of existence is existence itself.”
15. “Walk with those seeking truth… RUN FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY’VE FOUND IT. ”
16. “Meditation makes the entire nervous system go into a field of coherence.”
17. “The Ego, however, is not who you really are. The ego is your self-image; it is your social mask; it is the role you are playing. Your social mask thrives on approval. It wants control, and it is sustained by power, because it lives in fear.”
18. “Love doesn’t need reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart.”
19. “We all feel the urge to condemn ourselves out of guilt, to blame others for our misfortunes and to fantasize about total disaster.
20. “Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined. ”
21. “I’ve worked all my life on the subject of awareness, whether it’s awareness of the body, awareness of the mind, awareness of your emotions, awareness of your relationships, or awareness of your environment. I think the key to transforming your life is to be aware of who you are.”
22. “If you try to get rid of fear and anger without knowing their meaning, they will grow stronger and return.”
23. “In every conversation I’ve had – with housewives in Mumbai, with middle-class people, upper-class, in the slums – everyone says there is an underlying consciousness of karma. That people believe in karma – that what you’re putting out is going to come back. If I do something to you, the energy of it is going to come back to me in the future.”
24. “You will be transformed by what you read.”
25. “No matter how closely you examine the water, glucose, and electrolyte salts in the human brain, you can’t find the point where these molecules became conscious.”
26. “There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. …But success also includes good health, energy and enthusiasm for life, fulfilling relationships, creative freedom, emotional and psychological stability, a sense of well-being, and peace of mind.”
27. The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.
28. “Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.”
29. “Well-being changes as we move through life, which is why a child’s version of it cannot be the same as an old person’s.”
30. “Many scientists think that philosophy has no place, so for me it’s a sad time because the role of reflection, contemplation, meditation, self-inquiry, insight, intuition, imagination, creativity, free will, is in a way not given any importance, which is the domain of philosophers.”
31. “If you’re really spiritual, then you should be totally independent of the good and the bad opinions of the world…you should have faith in yourself.”
32. “To acquire true self power you have to feel beneath no one, be immune to criticism and be fearless.”
33. “Before a brain can register a thought, a mind must think it… every step of the way is mind over matter… We override our brains all the time.”
34. “Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.”
35. “The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.”
36. “The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers.”
37. “Self-awareness is not just relaxation and not just meditation. It must combine relaxation with activity and dynamism. Technology can aid that.”
38. “You and I are essentially infinite choice-makers. In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices.”
39. “If you focus on success, you’ll have stress. But if you pursue excellence, success will be guaranteed.”
40. “The real key is to live in an environment where the mind feels free to choose the right thing instead of being compelled by habit and inertia to choose the wrong thing.”
41. Victims always feel alone and helpless.
42. “Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance.”
43. “Mature workers are less impulsive, less reactive, more creative and more centered.”
44. “Don’t try to steer the river.”
45. “To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.”
46. “Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real.”
47. “We have to really educate ourselves in a way about who we are, what our real identity is.”
48. “To think is to practice brain chemistry.”
49. “The fear of death comes from limited awareness.”
50. “I dislike the word ‘self-help.’ Self-awareness, yes, but not self-help.”