Samuel Langhorne Clemens, known as Mark Twain (Born on November 30, 1835, Died on April 21, 1910) was an American humorist and author.
The best part of studying Mark Twain’s lessons are his ways to deal with life’s hardest lessons with a pure humor in it.
Quick Facts About Mark Twain
# Twain’s father was a Judge.
# At an age of 12 Mark loses his father.
# At an age of 13 Mark left school for becoming a printer’s apprentice.
# Twain first book “The Innocents Abroad” Published in the year 1869.
# A total number of books he published in his career was 30.
# Prior to Mark Twain, he was known as the pen name “Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass“.
52 Motivational Quotes From Mark Twain
1. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
2. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform”
3. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
4. “Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered – either by themselves or by others.”
5. “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
6. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” .
7. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
8. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
9. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
10. “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.”
11. “′Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.assic′ – a book which people praise and don’t read.”
12. “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
13. “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”
14. “Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
15. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
16. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear”
17. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”
18. “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
19. “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
20. “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
21. “A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape.”
22. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
23. “I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”
24. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
25. “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
26. “Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold.”
27. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
28. “A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.”
29. “Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.”
30. “When angry, count four. When very angry, swear.”
31. “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
32. “There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.”
33. “Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.”
34. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
35. “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
36. “The human race is a race of cowards, and I am not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner.”
37. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
38. “A man’s character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.”
39. “The lack of money is the root of all evil.”
40. “The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.”
41. “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.”
42. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
43. “Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.”
44. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”
45. “The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.”
46. “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
47. “Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work.”
48. “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
49. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
50. “Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.”
51. “It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.”
52. “When in doubt tell the truth.”
Which one is your favorite? Do share it in the comment section.