Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin ( Born April 16, 1889, in Walworth, London, United Kingdom, Died December 25, 1977, Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland ) was a famous filmmaker, composer and a comic actor.
Quick Facts About Charlie Chaplin
1. His father was a versatile vocalist and an Actor
2. His mother was an Actress and Singer
3. His father died when Chaplin was at an age of 10, due to alcohol issues.
4. Mother was committed to a mental asylum.
5. Spend a tragic childhood, grew up in poverty and slums.
6. Started his earning at an age of 8.
7. Made his first professional début with the Juvenile group “The Eight Lancashire Lads”
8. And the first Actor to appeared on Time magazine
What we can learn from Charle Chaplin’s Life
1. Positive Attitude: It doesn’t matter you have proper resources or not if you have the courage and proper talent, surely you can make a difference. As Chaplin said, “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles”
2. Smile often: Life may throw a thousand problems to you, but it is always your choice to be happy. Laughter is the cure for every odd situation. As Chaplin said, Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.
3. Failures are Opportunities: Those who try to do something new, faces the oddest situation in life, as Chaplin said, Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
32 Inspiring Happiness Quotes From Charlie Chaplin
1. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
2. “A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.”
3. “To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!”
4. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”
5. “A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.”
6. “I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man.”
7. “We think too much and feel too little.”
8. “I suppose that’s one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment.”
9. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.”
10. “I am for people. I can’t help it.”
11. “In the end, everything is a gag.”
12. “Imagination means nothing without doing.”
13. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.”
14. “To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune.”
15. “We might as well die as to go on living like this.”
16. “The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.”
17. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.”
18. “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.”
19. “I do not need drugs to be a genius, do not take a genius to be human, but I need your smile to be happy.”
20. “Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.”
21. “We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery.”
22. “Remember, you can always stoop and pick up nothing.”
23. “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”
24. “You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise Love is enough to get everything done.”
26. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.”
27. “What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning.”
28. “Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.”
29. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.”
30. “Actors search for rejection. If they don’t get it they reject themselves.”
31. “Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.”
32. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.”
Which one is your favorite? Do share it in the comment section.