Albert Einstein ( Born March 14, 1879 in Ulm, Germany Died April 18, 1955 in Princeton, New Jersey, United States ) was a theoretical physicist and the developer of the theory of relativity.
Apart from physics, if we need to learn something from Albert Einstein’s life; it would be his philosophical views on life. Being a scientist, his wisdom is not that conventional. It challenges our core values. If I have to choose top 3 lessons from his life than it would the below ones.
1. Have An Opinion: Participate in everyday work, have your own opinion. Do not follow a certain thing just because it came to you through your ancestors, judge by yourself, apply your own Conscience to it, if you find it good for the humanity and for yourself then only take part in it. But don’t stop questioning in your life.
2. Hard work Is Everything: Nobody in this world is a genius, it’s all about the hard work they put into their subject and their unstoppable curiosity about life. As Elbert Einstein said, Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work.
3. Accept Your Limitations: Every one of us carried our own limitations, but most of us afraid to accept that. It’s a simple truth, you cannot master the entire subject at once. Best would be to accept your limitations. When you will be aware of your limitations you will certainly start a journey to go beyond of it.
51 Most Inspirational Quotes From Albert Einstein
1. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
2. “Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.”
3. “How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.”
4. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.”
5. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
6. “A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?”
7. “Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.”
8. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
9. “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
10. “Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler.”
11. “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
12. “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
13. “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
14. Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
15. “To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.”
16. “If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play, and z is keeping your mouth shut”
17. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
18. “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
19. “Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”
20. “Never lose a holy curiosity.”
21.“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”
22. “Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation.”
23. “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
24. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.”
25. “I love Humanity but I hate humans”
26. “There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
27. “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
28. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.”
29. “The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.”
30. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
31. “The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.”
32. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
33. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
34. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
35. “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
36. “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.”
37. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
38. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
39. “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
40. “Life isn’t worth living, unless it is lived for someone else.”
41. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
42. “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
43. “All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.”
44. “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?”
45. “The only source of knowledge is experience.”
46. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”
47. “It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.”
48. “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”
49. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
50. “Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.”
51. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
Which one is your favourite? Do share it in the comment section.