Dr. Wayne Dyer ( Born May 10, 1940 ) in Detroit, Michigan, United States ( Died August 29, 2015 ) in Maui County, Hawaii, United States was an inspirational author speaker in the field of Self-Development and Spiritual growth.
He wrote more than 40 books in his lifetime, almost 21 one of them are best sellers. Held a doctorate in educational counseling from Wayne State University.
In plain words, Wayne Dyer was ( “was” relly?) known as the “Father of motivation.”
His best-selling books are:
- The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way.
- Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life.
- Living the Wisdom of the Tao.
- Your Erroneous Zones.
- Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong
- Self-Defeating Thinking Habits.
- Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling.
Here are his 42 best quotes on Self-Improvement and motivation.
1. “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.“
2. “There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.”
3. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
4. “I think, and that is all that I am.“
5. “I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.“
6. “Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.”
7. “Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe.“
8. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.”
9. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.“
10. “Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.”
11. “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”
12. “There is no stress in the world, only people thinking stressful thoughts.”
13. “you don’t need to be better than any one else you just need to be better than you used to be.”
14. “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
15. “Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.”
16. “Anything you really want, you can attain if you really go after it.”
17. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”
18. “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.“
19. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
20. “There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.”
21. “Your reputation is in the hands of others. That’s what the reputation is. You can’t control that. The only thing you can control is your character.”
22. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.“
23. “Remind yourself that the greatest technique for bringing peace into your life is to always choose being kind when you have a choice between being right or being kind.“
24. “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”
25. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”
26. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.“
27. “Friends are God’s way of apologizing for your family.”
28. “You are important enough to ask, and you are blessed enough to receive back. “
29. “If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.”
30. “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.“
31. “I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.”
32. “You’ll see it when you believe it.”
33.“Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.”
34. “Love is co-operation rather than competition.”
35. “People who truly understand what is meant by self-reliance know they must live their lives by ethics rather than rules. “
36. “When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.”
37. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. “
38. “We are not human beings in search of a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings emerged in a human experience.”
39. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.“
40. “I am realistic; I expect miracles.”
41. “Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it.”
42. “When you judge another, you do not define them; you define yourself.“
Picture Credit: Prnewswire.com