When I was a kid, my father used to tell me “If there is anything that I need to overcome it would be fear, fear of losing, fear of facing, fear of trying new things, anything that includes that one-word fear. When I can overcome that one-word fear, then nothing would be impossible for me.”
And that’s exactly the words I always remember in my life, “fear” is not just a word, for some people, it’s their harsh reality of life, they lived with the word fear, and that’s led them to develop a low self-image about themselves.
A Truth that you need to know, everybody doubt himself, it’s just that those who are happy and successful they just overcome it well, and those who don’t, they always lived with that low self-image. It’s always your choice which way you want to go, a person who experienced it before can show you the way to overcome it, but the later part is on your hand.
Overcoming Low-Self Image
1. Express your heart. Avoid being lonely all the time, be friendly, hang out with your friends and family those who care for you.
2. Focus on the positive side of the story irrespective of the negative sites. The positive look changes the way you see the world. It may not be possible in one day, but you can always try, day by day it will definitely work.
3. Don’t feel insecure by comparing your qualities with others. All of us have something unique quality within us; our purpose should be to explore that one. Enrich your own quality and blossom like a flower.
4. Open your heart to criticism, it’s not just you, every successful person faced criticism in his or her life. Remember that, people through stone to those trees which have the highest number of fruits. So be ready for that.
5. Self-talk is an excellent way to focus on the positive side of the story but try to avoid being negative when you’re talking to yourself. Ask a question that is irrelevant; it doesn’t matter to ask a relevant question all the time.
6. Maintain a diary, write down the thoughts that often came into your mind, recognize the source of it, and then treat it well.
7. You’re not the odd one among them all, you’re the “special” one, and it is just your unawareness of your own qualities.
8. Sometimes people lost their way because they thought they are not capable of doing something, they don’t have marks or they always proves themselves as a failure in every aspect of their life, but really? If it is true, then Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, William Shakespeare, Steve Jobs, may always remain as an unknown figure.
9. Thoughts reflect the worries of your mind; you don’t need to focus on your thoughts all the time, irrespective of that, it would be best for working on that negative mind to reverse it into a positive one.
10. Overcome your procrastination; always do what is important at that moment.
11. Things that you had done in your past plays a big role in your present and future. Most of the time our past karmas became the main reason for our low-self image, but we always forget one truth about the humankind, humans are made to make mistakes; that’s the way we learn from our life. If you have guilty for your works, that itself is a prove for it, you have done with this lesson, your best way to develop yourself is to move on from that memory and trying to build a good future for yourself.
12. Accept yourself as a person who is in the process of development, who is learning every day.
13. Being an affirmative person is a good thing, but you don’t need to say “Yes” to everyone for that, built your own image, what you like what’s not, say no to those things which are not as important to your present work.
14. It’s time for you to accept yourself as an adult, so you have responsibilities, don’t just run away from that, engage with every work that relays to you.
15. Kindness is not just a spiritual work; it’s simply a way to feel alive, help others, those who are in need of it. An act of kindness uplifts your soul, and you understand the meaning of your life.
16. Find your happiness in small things, a cup of tea, the sunset, the cool weather, nature around you; everything has something to offer you learn to enjoy your life from that.
17. Take part in mindful meditations, do regular exercise, keep up your body, mind, and soul fit and fine, an active mind can deal with the world in a better and brighter way in comparison with the lazy one.
18. Judging yourself is a good way to improve yourself, but judging yourself all the time can easily become a barrier for you, live non-judgmentally, without the barrier of your mind, new inventions can be done only when you are living fearlessly and non-judgmentally about yourself.
19. Actively take part in voluntary works, reach out to the communities, volunteering works can be an added booster for you; it will increase your social skills too.
20. One way the best thing about learning is, it makes you smarter, read a lot about new topics, always carry a book with yourself. When you know about new things, you feel more confident about yourself.
Life is full of challenges; our ways to deal with it has to be modified every day. This world is our family and full of new kinds of stuff to explore, a lot to learn from it.
A mind that things only around himself and his image, miss those all existing things, be ready to explore that, way to go, bring out the best of yourself, show the world who you are, what you deserve to be.
And remember nothing works so quickly, instantly, everything takes time, this is the beauty of life. Without darkness, nobody enjoys the light.