Why did I think to write about this Article?
Last week I received a comment in one of my meditation related article, where someone mentioned that meditation is a waste of time, rather than doing meditation it’s better to hang out with friends where you can feel comfortable and relax.
I don’t completely disagree with the above fact, but yes I was completely shocked when I received that comment, I thought meditation is quite globally accepted. But I was wrong. So I thought to write about “why meditation is important” in this article.
Where from Meditation came into my picture?
So it’s better to be practical in your facts. The word meditation was less likely to be known to me. I was nowhere in the picture with meditation until the day when my life took a turn dramatically. I met an accident a few years ago where I broke my spine, and I was advised to take bed rest. I thought I would never be able to walk again, and yes it took a long time for me.
I suffered a whole long year. Lying on that bed, nothing to do, only with the thoughts of life, seeking the purpose of life. Then one day I was introduced to the magic itself, the process of “yoga and meditation”, Then I started to doing it with the help of therapy, day by day it takes me to the next level, after one year of practicing meditation with therapy now I am completely okay. I can do the things that an average person can do.
What is the History of Mediation?
Oh, I know it’s the annoying part, but if you are willing to understand a new subject, and you are thinking to apply it, then it’s better to know its history first.
The word Meditate came from the Latin word “meditātus” (to engage in thought or contemplation; reflect)
Meditation carries a rich history with it. You can find its roots up to 1500 BCE. Most of the early scriptures indicate that meditation came from the Hindu tradition of Vedantism.
Do Meditation Relates To Religion?
This is the most common question asked by the people; Do meditation has any roots with religion, the answer is “N0.” It doesn’t. It just a part of purifying your heart and soul from the negativity it received outside the world, and helping you to connect with your soul.
So what is Meditation?
I will not go through any definition or explanation; I will write what I experienced and what helps me, so in my way “Meditation is the process which helps us to connect with our soul. It’s a process to eliminate our negative thoughts; expand our thinking about life, a ray of hope in the darkness, and nectar for a dying soul.
What Is The Process Of Meditation?
1. First of all, find a peaceful place where you can concentrate without any disruption.
2. Use a clean cushion to sit
3. Observe thoughts that come into your mind. If it’s a painful memory, let your mind don’t stick to it, as same applied for the pleasant memories too.
4. All thoughts are impermanent.
5. Bring your all attention to the breathing.
6. Take a deep breath and count up to five then let the breath go.
7. Be careful about the breath, don’t try to make it deeper or different.
8. Neither becomes too critical about your thoughts nor evolves with it.
9. Try to focus only on the breath in and breath out.
What Are The Benefits Of Meditation?
Benefits of meditations are endless it may take a long time to explain all of it. I am going to mention some of the most important ones.
Physical Benefits Of Meditation
1. Meditation is very helpful for those who are suffering from blood pressure.
2. Meditation Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the level of blood lactate.
3. Meditation help to improve your immune system.
4. Meditation helps to decrease any tension related problems.
5. Meditation also helps to get relief from asthma.
6. Meditation helps to maintain your weight.
Mental Benefits Of Meditation
1. Help to become Self-confident about yourself.
2. Help to increase your creative power.
3. Help to get a clear vision and a peaceful mind.
4. Help to become a problem solver.
5. You can easily get rid of your bad habits.
6. And most importantly helps to calm down your mind.
So What Can You Do Right Now To Change Your Life
Start practicing meditation every day. It shall not go to take too much time of yours. You can start your journey from 5 to 10 minutes a day. And I am sure you are going to notice a significant change in your life.